Orange County Dance Center’s resident dance company, Ballet Repertory Theatre (BRT), presents its 40th Anniversary production of The Nutcracker Ballet. Performed in its original, full-length version, this delightful holiday classic has become the longest-running production of its kind in Orange County. Read more: 2016 Nutcracker Fact Sheet.
For more information regarding Ballet Repertory Theatre, “like” its Facebook page for updates, photos, and videos at https://www.facebook.com/balletrepertorytheatre or follow “balletrephb” on Instagram and Twitter.
The Ballet Repertory Theatre Association (BRTA) is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization that raises all of the funds needed to support all of BRT’s productions, especially The Nutcracker Ballet with its 15 performances. Volunteers are available to answer all Nutcracker-related questions at email@example.com.
Performance Dates and Times
- Saturday, December 10, 2016 – 2pm & 7pm
- Sunday, December 11, 2016 – 1pm & 5pm
- Friday, December 16, 2016 – 7pm
- Saturday, December 17, 2016 – 2pm & 7pm
- Sunday, December 18, 2016 – 1pm & 5pm
- Wednesday, December 21, 2016 – 2pm *** This is a special 40th anniversary performance that is not available for sale to the public. Casting will be determined based on alumni status.
- Wednesday, December 21, 2016 – 7pm
- Thursday, December 22, 2016 – 2pm & 7pm
- Friday, December 23, 2016 – 2pm & 7pm
- Saturday, December 24, 2016 – 1pm
All performances will be held at the Golden West College Mainstage Theater. Tickets can be purchased online at: www.gwctheater.com
Ticket prices: $19 for general admission; $15 for seniors, students with ID, and children under 12Golden West College Mainstage Theater
15751 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92647 (campus entrance H or I, at Center Avenue)
Phone purchases: Call the theater box office at 714-895-8150 x1 and leave a message. A theater staff member will return your call.
In-person purchases: Until November 30, the theater box office will be open on Tuesdays only, 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Starting November 30, the theater box office will be open Tuesday through Thursday 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Tickets will also be available for sale at the theater box office one hour before each show time. It is best, however, to purchase tickets in advance, online, as many performances sell out.
Ballet Repertory Theatre’s Nutcracker includes over 300 performers in multiple casts. Check back often for more information as it becomes available. Roles are assigned by audition only.
All rehearsals are mandatory. There is a $75.00 performance fee per dancer (maximum amount $150.00 per immediate family), except for Baby Mice ($25.00). Please make checks payable to BRT, due by the first rehearsal.
The following sheets were handed out to children at their first rehearsal. They contain information about casts, schedules, required clothes and shoes, and other important rehearsal and performance information.
- 2016 Baby Mouse performer information
- 2016 Angel performer information
- 2016 Soldier performer information
- 2016 Party Girl performer information
- 2016 Party Boy performer information
- 2016 Ponchinella performer information
- 2016 Entertainer performer information
Here is information to help your child prepare for each dress rehearsal and stage performance:
- Cast 1 Stage Rehearsal and Performance dates/times (added 12/2/2016)
- Cast 2 Stage Rehearsal and Performance dates/times (added 12/2/2016)
- Nutcracker “Party Girl” Curls Instructions
- Nutcracker Makeup Instructions for All Roles
The following handouts are for Ballet Repertory Theatre company members only. Please respect all deadlines:
Ballet Repertory Theatre Association (BRTA) Fundraising Forms
Please use the forms below to help make Ballet Repertory Theatre’s 40th Nutcracker and future productions a success! If you have any questions about the forms below or about BRTA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed forms should be dropped off in the BRTA box at the Orange County Dance Center front desk.
- 2016 Nutcracker Welcome Letter to parents of performers – See all of the form deadlines listed together. This letter was distributed to children at the end of all auditions or, in the case of “Baby Mice”, at the end of class during the week of October 3rd.
- 2016 Nutcracker Sweatshirt Order Form – due Sunday, October 9, 2016. Allow your child to show their Nutcracker pride by purchasing a beautiful 40th Anniversary edition of our sweatshirt.
- 2016 Nutcracker Souvenir Program Ad Order Form – Parents – due Sunday, November 6, 2016. Celebrate your child’s Nutcracker performance by placing a personal message in the 40th Anniversary Souvenir Program.
- 2016 Nutcracker Souvenir Program Ad Order Form – Businesses – due Sunday, November 6, 2016. Advertise for your business to an estimated audience of 5,ooo patrons while supporting the arts.
- 2016 Nutcracker Raffle Donations Form – Parents – due Sunday, November 13, 2016. Receive a donation receipt for your taxes by donating an item to the raffle held at the theater on December 24th.
- 2016 Nutcracker Raffle Donations Form – Businesses – due November 13, 2016. Receive a donation receipt for your taxes and advertise for your business by donating an item to the raffle held on December 24th.
- 2016-17 Season Membership Form – due Sunday, November 13, 2016. Receive a donation receipt for your taxes by becoming a supporting member of the BRT.
The Ballet Repertory Theatre Association thanks you for your invaluable support!