Orange County Dance Center’s pre-professional ballet company, Ballet Repertory Theatre (BRT), presents its 41st annual production of The Nutcracker Ballet. Performed in its original, full-length version, this delightful holiday classic has become the longest-running production of its kind in Orange County. To learn more, click on our 2017 Nutcracker Fact Sheet.
For photos, videos, and more, “like” BRT’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/balletrepertorytheatre or follow “balletrephb” on Instagram and Twitter.
The Ballet Repertory Theatre Association (BRTA) is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization that raises the funds needed to support all 3 of BRT’s annual productions, especially The Nutcracker Ballet (federal tax ID no. 33-0873296). Volunteers are available to answer all Nutcracker-related questions at email@example.com.
This year’s BRTA Open House is scheduled for Friday, September 29 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm, and Sunday, October 1, 2017 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm outside the OCDC studios.
To help Ballet Repertory Theatre, please scroll down to the 2017 Fundraising Forms section below for all downloadable forms and follow instructions.
Your generosity alone allows the Nutcracker to happen. Thank you!
Performance Dates and Times
- Saturday, December 9, 2017 – 2pm & 7pm
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 – 1pm & 5pm
- Friday, December 15, 2017 – 7pm
- Saturday, December 16, 2017 – 2pm & 7pm
- Sunday, December 17, 2017 – 1pm & 5pm
- Thursday, December 21, 2017 – 7pm
- Friday, December 22, 2017 – 2pm & 7pm
- Saturday, December 23, 2017 – 2pm & 7pm
- Sunday, December 24, 2017 – 1pm
All rehearsals are mandatory.
- Angels: Fridays 5:30-6:30 pm starting September 29, 2017
- Ponchinellas and Entertainers: 10:00-11:00 am starting October 1, 2017
- Party Scene: Sundays 11:00-12:00 pm starting October 1, 2017
- Soldiers: Sundays 12:00-1:00 pm starting October 1, 2017
- Baby Mice: see performer information sheets for each class under “Performer Information” section below
Dress rehearsals: There will be 2 dress rehearsals at OCDC. Performers will be assigned a date and time based on their cast. A 2-hour slot will be assigned on these days, based on the performer’s role: Saturday, December 2, 2017 between 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm or Sunday, December 3, 2017 between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Stage rehearsal: There will be 1 stage rehearsal at Golden West College Theater. It will take place on Friday, December 8, 2017 between 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm. A 2-hour slot will be assigned based on the performer’s role.
Ballet Repertory Theatre’s Nutcracker includes over 300 performers in multiple casts. Check back often for more information as it becomes available. Roles are assigned by audition only.
There will be 2 or 3 casts for each role. Performances will be scheduled in consecutive order. Cast requests must be turned in to the front desk before the first rehearsal with a reason. The BRT directors will make every effort to accommodate cast requests.
There is a $75.00 performance fee per dancer (maximum amount $150.00 per immediate family), except for “Baby Mice” ($25.00). Please make checks payable to BRT, due at the first rehearsal.
The following performer information sheets were handed out to performers at their first rehearsal. They contain information about casts, schedules, required clothes and shoes, and other important rehearsal and performance information.
- 2017 Baby Mouse performing information – Tiana’s Monday 330
- 2017 Baby Mouse performing information – Tiana’s Monday 430
- 2017 Baby Mouse performing information – Cat’s Tuesday 530
- 2017 Baby Mouse performing information – Tiana’s Friday 430
- 2017 Baby Mouse performing information – Tiana’s Friday 530
- 2017 Baby Mouse performing information – Cat’s Saturday 1000
All performances will be held at the Golden West College Mainstage Theater. Tickets can be purchased online at: www.gwctheater.com
Ticket prices: $19 for general admission; $15 for seniors, veterans, students, and children under 12Golden West College Mainstage Theater
15751 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92647 (campus entrance H or I, at Center Avenue)
Phone purchases: Call the theater box office at 714-895-8150 x1 and leave a message. A theater staff member will return your call.
In-person purchases: Box office hours vary. Please call 714-895-8150 to verify box office hours on the day you wish to visit. Tickets will also be available for sale at the theater box office one hour before each show time. It is best, however, to purchase tickets in advance, online, as many performances sell out.
Ballet Repertory Theatre Association (BRTA) Fundraising Forms
- 2017 Nutcracker Welcome Letter to parents of performers – See all of the form deadlines listed together. This letter was distributed to children at the end of auditions or, in the case of “Baby Mice”, will be distributed during class the week of October 9th.
- 2017 Nutcracker Sweatshirt Order Form – due Tuesday, October 10, 2017. Allow your child to show their Nutcracker pride by purchasing a beautiful 41st season edition of our sweatshirt.
- 2017 Nutcracker Souvenir Program Ad Order Form – Parents – due Sunday, November 12, 2017. Celebrate your child’s Nutcracker performance by placing a personal message in the souvenir program sold at the theater, before performances.
- 2017 Nutcracker Souvenir Program Ad Order Form – Businesses – due Sunday, November 12, 2017. Advertise for your business to an estimated audience of 5,ooo patrons while supporting the arts.
- 2017 Nutcracker Raffle Donations Form – Parents – due Sunday, November 12, 2017. Receive a donation receipt for your taxes by donating an item to the raffle held at the theater on December 24th.
- 2017 Nutcracker Raffle Donations Form – Businesses – due November 12, 2017. Receive a donation receipt for your taxes and advertise for your business by donating an item to the raffle held on December 24th.
- 2017-18 Season Membership Form – due Sunday, November 12, 2017. Receive a donation receipt for your taxes by becoming a supporting member of the BRT.
Sign-up sheets will be available on a table near the OCDC front entrance during dress rehearsal days for parents to volunteer to supervise children backstage and help with costumes. Parents are asked to sign up at least once during the Nutcracker season. Emails using signup.com will be sent to the parents of each group of performers as the start of Nutcracker shows approaches, requesting that they sign up to help at the theater with the raffle, boutique, and refreshment tables as well as with the ushering of patrons.
Ballet Repertory Theatre Company Members Only
The following handouts are for Ballet Repertory Theatre company members only. Please respect all deadlines:
- 2017 Nutcracker Welcome Letter to company families given to dancers at the first Nutcracker rehearsal 9/30/17.
- 2017 BRT Company-Specific Items detailing duties of company dancers and their families.
- 2017 BRT Company Apparel Order Form for the purchase of jackets, sweatpants, and t-shirts with the BRT logo.